Monday, January 7, 2013

You're NOT gonna like me after this.

The most humorous thing I witnessed today was an ad for the website FarmersOnly.com. Not only is the ad itself humorous but it was placed squarely in the midst of a National Geographic special on cocaine and marijuana use. But, that's not the funny part, stick with me for a moment .... in the ad, there is a talking cow. A talking cow in an ad during a show that basically admonishishes drug use.

Insert chuckles here. I did.

I realized at this time, and while later watching reruns of Moonshiners, that I've never really elaborated on a warped mind's view of drug use. How lax of me. I'm better than that, given that I have a staunch view on everything. So, that being said, allow me to elaborate.

Let me start with the obvious. Sure, it's been stated, overstated and argued to death. I don't give a rat's ass and a monkey turd. Marijuana. I'll keep it short and simple. Personally, I don't like it. It brings me down and I don't like to be down. To me,a good mellow is a glass of Merlot by the fire. Yeah, I said Merlot. Deal with it. I prefer a nicely chopped and preferably uncut stimulant. It suits me and my mentality.

Now where is all of this going, you may ask. I'm working on that. But in a nutsack, it's this. There is no war on drugs and drugs that are targets for eradication by those who think they know best are never going to go away. Cannabis, despite my not having a like for the plant, is natural and was obviously placed upon this planet to do mankind a favor, just as coffee, chocolate and the coca leaf.

Until our all encompassing, yet blind goverment finds a way to make money from this plant, it will be illegal. Here's the rub.... the two most killer, yet legal substances in our misguided country, tobacco and alcohol, are making million, nay, billions, for those in seats of power in the dome of the capitol rock. Yet, another natural substance with real benefits sits as a hindrance to society because those 'in charge' can't find a way to make money from it.

Fuckin' idiots. Take a lesson from the high school kids. No, that would be beneath you and your supposed intelligence.

I ought not say more or incriminate myself. Oh, what the hell. You know me by now. I've done it, tried it and said it all at this point. I have my favorites. I know what works for me and what doesn't. I know what keeps me alive and what keeps me from taking the final plunge.

Am I against drugs? Yes. Am I for drugs, Hell yes.  It's all in how you approach them. I use alcohol to bring be down to a level where I can relate to mankind. I use the coca leaf and it's extracts to bring me to a place where I can fing myself. Sure, I'm odd and out of touch with normality. But I don't want to be in touch with normality. Normality is mundane and boring. Normality it not where we are meant to be.

You can make the argument that using substances to subtract oneself from life is a copout. I see that and I understand your viewpoint. What you don't understand is my viewpoint. You don't see my  take of normality. And for me, that's unfortunate. As unfortunate as how you view my existence.

A talking cow? I didn't make that shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment