Friday, August 9, 2013

Dumb Little Thought

I read these quotes from noteable authors, historians and philosophers posted on sites like Facebook all of the time stating the same thing... "Write from the heart, write from your feelings, write from where you are, who you are... don't try to placate others feelings by sacrificing your own". Basically. 

If you've read my blog, this is what I do. 

I don't know how to placate. Placate sounds like a dental condition. I think I'm physically and mentally incapable of placating. That's not to say that I can't relate to others and their feelings but placating is basically sucking up, giving in and surrendering. 

I see it every day. I used to do it and I felt sick. Then, I'd see others do it and I'd feel sorry for them. Next, I'd see it and I'd feel sorry for them and I'd get a bit angry. 

It's progressed. Now, I speak out. 

"Why are you living your life, sacrificing your feelings for this person, who has no control over you, and, is obviously a dick?"

I love laughing at life. People are a riot. Myself included. We're all dumb, clueless cogs in a machine in which we didn't make yet we try like hell to control. 
We haven't a chance to control anything except whether we hit the lid or not when we pee and it doesn't matter if you're male or female. 

There once was a very wise man. 

No one knows exactly who he was. But there was one. 

And there will be another. Maybe it's me. 

Or you. Or if your female, a wise woman. 

In that case, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Please. 




No comments:

Post a Comment